My Note to You - A Run in with Mystery Boy by Alexis Cook Chapter 1

,

https://d.gr-assets.com/stories/1345995315p3/313517.jpgI stared absently out the window in the principal's office and watched as the fall leaves fluttered softly to the ground. "Ms. Sabers, are you listening?" I broke my gaze from the window and turned to look at my all too elegant looking principal. Her bleach blonde hair was pulled back into a meticulous chignon and her makeup was immaculate. She wore a white blazer and a black pencil skirt that stopped right above her knees. Her gold name tag that had, 'Lauren Reed' printed on the front shined brightly in the sunlight that was gleaming through the open window.

Ms. Reed raised her eyebrows at me and fixed her turquoise eyes on mine, "Well, this is the third time this week you've been in my office. First talking back to your teacher, and then being late for class, and now this? "Please sit properly," she hassled. I removed my legs from underneath me and repositioned myself in the wooden chair in front of her old mahogany desk, my feet now planted firmly on the hard wood floor.


"Thank you," I stared blankly at her. "Now, you will have detention after school today in the music room. I suppressed a groan. Great. I trudged down the hallway and retrieved my cell phone from my pants pocket. I sighed and rushed to my locker, struggling with the combination. Finally, when the lock was free, I grabbed all my books and slammed the locker door shut. I grimaced. I had English fifth period, which lucky for me, was on the other end of the frickin' school. I inwardly groaned. Well, if I run I could make it, I thought. I clutched my books to my chest and dashed down the hallway. I stumbled backwards, my books tumbling to the ground. Turns out it was actually a boy that I ran into, a hot boy. Sorry," I muttered. "Crap!" I gathered up all my books as fast as possible. I could not be late for class again. Mr. Wright would murder me. I glanced at the time. I sighed. Great.

"Um... Bye." Wow. Smooth, Kody, just smooth. I hurried past mystery boy and continued my race to English class. That time I made sure to slow down when I turned the corners. What feels like forever, I'm finally in front of Mr. Wright, my English teacher's door. I took a deep breath, placed my hand on the cold handle and turned. I stepped inside the cool classroom. I caught a glimpse of my class and saw about twenty-nine pairs of eyes staring at me.

Awh, shit.

Yeah, yeah, we heard it all before.

"Ah, Ms. Sabers, how nice of you to join us," Mr. Wright's nasal voice boomed through the classroom. I felt my face burning. "Sorry," I mumbled, staring down at the floor.

He sighed."Please take your seat," he said. Thank God he didn't yell at me.

"So, back to Poetry," the pudgy, belligerent old man started. Yup, I was right.

"Why were you late?" my best friend, Dylan whispers.

"Principal's office," I mumbled. I left out the part about running into the guy.

He chuckled. I tuned out Mr. Wright's voice like I always did when he started his lectures about Poetry and gazed out the window into the school parking lot, my thoughts wandering.


My Note to You - A Run in with Mystery Boy by Alexis Cook Chapter 1

My Note to You - Dash 'n Dine by Alexis Cook chapter 2

My Note to You - The New Boy by Alexis Cook chapter 3 

 

 BACK TO TEEN ROMANCE STORY