Short Story - Revelation by ♪♫♪Hello_my_name_is♪♫♪

,



Key word 
Cute-story, drama, love, love-story, short-story, teen, teen-romance

There I sat, across the room from Lyric. I couldn't help but stare. I could always tell she liked him too. I've been in love with him since the day we met. We became friends quickly, just friends. That was the problem. I panicked. I didn't know what to do, so instead I ran off in the opposite direction, leaving Lyric at his knees with a bouquet of flowers-- humiliated. Jenna and Lyric have been together for 4 months now.
At least Lyric doesn't completely ignore me. I mean, he acknowledges my presence... most of the time. That's something... right? Right?

I hear Jenna's giggling, which is only painful and annoying for me. It also snaps me back to reality. Lyric and I make eye contact, almost for two long. His eyes look longing, but I'm sure it's really just the look of "being in love". Yuck.

http://competition-storytelling.blogspot.co.id/I observe for another minute, and Lyric almost looks... annoyed. Not with me, but with Jenna. I would feel the same way if I were in his size 11 Vans. Guys need their space. It's the way my cat, Jasper feels when I cuddle him a little too hard and a little too long.

Lyric quickly stands up from his seat, leaving Jenna sitting there, with a confused expression on her face. Me. Uh-oh. "Hey Sam." Lyric says. His baby blue eyes and warm smile melt my heart.
"Oh, umm. Hey, Lyric." My cheeks felt warm, which could only mean I was blushing.
"Because I know for a fact she cannot stand him talking to me unless she's there with him, and he only gets to be on the sidelines of our conversation, like fake-laughing at Jenna's not-so-funny jokes. Pathetic and selfish, I know. "I guess..."
I hurt you and humiliated you. I'm the one to be asking you."
"I care, Sam."
"Why? I'm a terrible person for what I did, and now I have suffer the consequences."
"You are not a terrible person, don't say that." Lyric assures me, placing his warm hand on my bare arm. It only sets off unforgotten emotions I've been trying to forget for months.

I hesitated. Stop saying that! I want you now, Sam. I never stopped wanting you!"
The room fell silent. Everyone stared. Lyric had said that much to loudly. I could only imagine the expression on Jenna's face now.

Lyric's expression wasn't much better. Everyone in this room was in shock.


Before I could find the words to say, Jenna was already stomping her way over to us.
Her hands were curled into fists. Her face red with anger. "I.. umm. Listen, Jenna.." She cut him off.
"No! "Guys do NOT do this to Jenna Abernathy."
"Jenna... I've been meaning to talk to you about--"
"No!! I thought we were best friends. Oh wait, we stopped being best friends when she stole the guy I've had my eyes set on for two years. Not that she would care.

Before she let anyone speak another word, she storms out of the room, her face the color of a red Ferrari.
There was an awkward silence in the room. I asked hesitantly. I felt a tugging in my heart


BACK TO TEEN ROMANCE STORY